The first known burial in Tillsonburg was that of a young girl, she was interred in an unmarked grave in a place known as the Vienna Woods. In 1838, this cemetery was opened and was the property of the Tillson family.
The cemetery was located on Graveyard Hill not far from the location of George Tillsonís first home. After extensive road construction to make Simcoe Street a part of Highway Number 3, restoration began and graves and headstones were moved and a fence was added.
The Town of Tillsonburg now maintains the cemetery as a historic site.
This page was last updated April 11, 2007.